In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intra Cytoplasm Sperm Injection (ICSI)
In vitro fertilisation was introduced 30 years ago and since then millions of children have been born thanks to this unique use of science.
In vitro fertilisation was originally developed to assist conception in women who have blocked or damaged fallopian tubes but, because of its success, is now being used to treat other causes of infertility, such as sperm disorders, unexplained infertility and endometriosis.
In vitro fertilisation involves adding prepared sperm to a dish containing eggs or injecting a single sperm inside the egg (ICSI). The sperm swim to the eggs and attempt to fertilise them. Once fertilised, the embryos are monitored and transferred back into the uterus at the correct time, typically between two and five days after the egg collection, depending whether you have embryos implanted at blastocyst stage.
The number of treatments performed in the UK has been rising steadily over the years, not only because more couples who are experiencing difficulties are coming forward for treatment, but also increasingly because women are delaying childbearing until their late 30s or even into their 40s. Women under 35 have around 50% chance of achieving a pregnancy while women in the early 40s have a reduced chance around 15 to 20% of achieving a pregnancy.
For further information please read our brochures
(Article taken from http://www.fertilityplus.org.uk/ )
Masters Training in Reproductive Medicine and IVF
[For Obstetricians & Gynaecologists – BRITISH CERTIFICATION COURSE]
|IBC incorporation with Homerton University Hospital (NHS) & fertility Plus announces Master training in Reproductive medicine and IVF, a three step course. This course is an opportunity for all Obstetrics and Gynaecologists to enhance their technique in the diagnosis and treatment.
We impart in-depth knowledge through a balanced mix of various teaching modules, lectures, actual hands-on training and demonstrations that ensure proficiency for every aspirant at course end.
Not only we provide the best training but also IBC speakers are thought-leaders who inspire doctors to greater success through new ideas, strategies and perspectives.
Course accomplishment in Dubai, UAE except clinical to be held in London, certificates accredited by the Homerton University Hospital, London UK
PART 1: CERTIFICATE COURSE IN REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE & IVF – DUBAI, UAE | 12 CME CREDIT HOURS OFFERED
DATE: 20 – 21 April 2016
Basic and Intermediate
- Reproductive Medicine Physiology
- Infertility Causes & Diagnosis
- Amonerrhoea Diagnosis & Treatment
- Ovarian Reserve Testing
- Endometriosis – Diagnosis & Treatment
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome – Diagnosis & Treatment
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Ultrasound in Infertility Assessment
- Ovulation Induction and Male Infertility
- Recurrent Miscarriage – Diagnosis & Treatment
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Ovarian Diathermy and Unexplained Infertility
PART 1: CERTIFICATE COURSE IN REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE
CLICK TO ZOOM THE COURSE DETAILS
PART 2: ADVANCED CERTIFICATE COURSE IN REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE AND IVF – DUBAI, UAE |
12 CME CREDIT HOURS OFFERED
DATE: 22 – 23 April 2016
- Physiology for understanding Assisted Conception Techniques
- Ovulation Induction for Intrauterine Insemination
- Ovulation Induction Protocols in IVF/ICSI
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
- Computer and Model Based – Hands on Training
- Assisted Conception & the Law & Advances in ART
- Egg Freezing, Egg Donation
- Reproductive Immunology
- When all else fails – what are the options
PART 2: ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE AND IVF
CLICK TO ZOOM THE COURSE DETAILS